The Organs of Cornell
Commissioned by the Department of Music, the organ is perfect for the music of J.S. Bach and his north German predecessors, and is versatile enough for solo and ensemble music from the 16th century onward. As a complement to the music department’s strengths in performance and research, the organ is expected to attract top organ students, professional performers, composers and scholars to Cornell.
This organ was built for Sage Chapel in 1940, under the direction of G. Donald Harrison.
This original 18th-century Italian organ built by Augustinus Vicedomini in 1746 was purchased by Cornell in 2000 from the collection of musicologist, conductor and keyboard player Alan Curtis.
This is an 18th-century style German chamber organ, designed for continuo accompaniment in both instrumental and vocal music, for solo recitals, and for the 18th-century organ concerto repertoire.